Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker!
- Ogden Nash
- Ogden Nash
August has been slow going so far - see how lazy we’ve been, how long it is taking us to post the next challenge? We decided that we needed a spot of excitement, something to shake it all up. Our brains muddled from too much summer, the unbearable heat or the incessant rain, the days spent dragging ourselves around through the inclement weather and searching out a little respite. Who needs or desires to bake? Kids home on holiday, spouse and dog yapping around our feet for attention, teens slouching around the house and complaining. We are fed up with the rain or overcome with struggling to deal with the scorching heat. Aw no, we deserve something special, a little adult pleasure, something, baby, to kick it up!
And kick it up we will! This month we indulge in a little grown-up gratification, a dash of luxury, a hint of mischief. Candy is dandy, macarons are marvelous, but liquor is…. this month’s Mac Attack theme! Whatever your tipple, vodka, rum, Limoncello, Amaretto or, heavens, even Champagne, create something intoxicating, heady with flavor and create a macaron kissed by your favorite liquor. So go ahead, whether sweet and sassy, spicy or tangy, whether a touch of sophistication or a punch of naughtiness, give your August macarons a buzz!
And if you prefer a non-alcoholic version, go ahead and replace the liquor with an extract of your choice: bitter almond, vanilla, lemon, café whatever you please but do try and keep it close to the theme.
Then we will raise our glasses in a toast to ourselves and indulge in a macaron all grown up.
Now, just follow the rules:
1. Once you have posted your Mac Attack macarons on your blog, make sure that you mention the Mactweets Mac Attack challenge in your post and link back to the Mactweets blog. Please make sure that your Mac Attack #22 macarons are inspired by the theme!
2. Please link back to this challenge on your post.
3. Feel free to promote the Mactweets blog by proudly displaying the Mactweets badge in your Mac Attack post as well as in your sidebar! It isn't mandatory but is a nice way to get the word out!
4. Have your Kick-It-Up Liquor Macs posted on your own blog by August 31, 2011. And being just a little bit late never hurt anybody...
5. Once your post is up, simply leave the link to the post as a comment to this Mac Attack Challenge post!
The round up will be posted on or about September 5, 2011!