All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
- Charles M. Schulz
- Charles M. Schulz
As John Q. Tullius once said, "Nine out of ten people like chocolate. The tenth person always lies." And even the most ardent of all macaron haters simply cannot refuse, cannot dislike, cannot but enjoy the perfect chocolate macaron. Yes, for most of us chocolate is the nec plus ultra, the ultimate flavor, perfection itself. It is addictive and sensual, soothing and sublime. We are happy to sit quietly hour after hour and eat gooey brownies, elegant truffles, bon bons one after the next, creamy, dreamy puddings, a slice of rich, decadent chocolate cake dripping with ganache. The addition of nuts or dried fruit or liqueur only serves to heighten the flavor of the chocolate and the sense of delight. No one, I say, no one will or can say no. A gorgeous chocolate macaron, tasting of brownie in one little mouthful, that delicate crack as one bites down into the shell and then quickly finding oneself pulled into the dense, chewy, rich center. Yes, a chocolate macaron is pure heaven!
So, of course, with Easter quickly upon us, Spring (or Autumn) arriving at a gallop and Spring Break not far behind, what better solace from the rambunctiousness and turmoil of the season or what better celebratory feast than chocolate?
This month of April, the MacKitchen is being devoted to chocolate. Chocolate Macarons are taking over!
Now asking you to create a simple chocolate macaron is just too easy for a Mac Attack, isn’t it?! So we want to up the challenge by asking each of you to create something sensational, surprising, unique, something beautiful, delectable, tantalizing, something worthy of a Mac Attack! Use chocolate in some form, some way, whether in the shells or the filling or even both, but blend it, mix it, shake it up with another flavor or two, a spice or a fruit, something sweet or spicy or tart, anything with an alcoholic kick, a novel ingredient which will add texture or flavor or color, something, anything which will accentuate, complement the chocolate flavor and make for one spectacular mac!
Everything is coming up Decadently Chocolate... be inspired! Make sure that your April Macarons have something chocolate about them!
Here are the rules of the game:
1. Once you have posted your Mac Attack macarons on your blog, make sure that you mention the Mactweets Mac Attack challenge in your post and link back to the Mactweets blog. Please make sure that your Mac Attack #18 macarons are inspired by the theme!
2. Please link back to this challenge on your post.
3. Feel free to promote the Mactweets blog by proudly displaying the Mactweets badge in your Mac Attack post as well as in your sidebar! It isn't mandatory but is a nice way to get the word out!
4. Have your Decadently Chocolate Macs posted on your own blog by April 25, 2011. And being just a little bit late never hurt anybody...
5. Once your post is up, simply leave the link to the post as a comment to this Mac Attack Challenge post!
The round up will be posted on or about May 1, 2011!