Birthdays, anniversaries, doesn’t everyone deserve a special day? Don’t we love the little attentions, the gifts, the shout outs and surprise parties? Our Facebook pages and Twitter feeds fill to overflowing with best wishes, our mailboxes stuffed with cards and boxes and friends and family find just the perfect treats to make us smile. The day is proclaimed our own, and celebrations crown the occasion.
And when someone we love is feting that special day? Don’t we go all out? We shower them with presents and flattery, we regale them with attention and cause a hoopla! Merriment and a big, gooey, decorated cake, confetti and balloons, party hats and fireworks! Nothing is too good for them. The honors are all theirs. And fun is had by all!
As food bloggers, we know that these days come around for our spouses and siblings, our friends and blogging acquaintances and we love each and every event and occasion. But what about the food? How many of us celebrate World Nutella Day or National Popcorn Day? Pancakes and crêpes, ice cream and cupcakes; is there a food or a product which doesn’t have its own special holiday? And don’t we love them all?
So this is where our new Mac Attack Challenge is going…. And it ain’t no ordinary challenge….
March 20 is Macaron Day, don’t you know it, and isn’t that a day worth celebrating? We at Mactweets want to go all out and give this most beloved friend a party worth remembering! The honors are all yours, oh lovely macaron, and even though we shower praise on the dear old mac every single month, create stunning confections, astonishing flavors, brilliant shapes and designs for our lovely French friend, Macaron Day calls for something even more special.
Let the celebrations begin!
Create something truly extraordinary, worthy of a special fete, for Macaron Day! Surprise us with a totally new creation, big or small, savory or sweet, something ready for a party! We love macarons every day of the year and bake them for those whom we love, but this month the honors are all for Mademoiselle Macaron.
Ooh la la!
We would like to have the roundup on Macaron Day, March 20, so please note down the post by date – March 15! And let’s make this party a big one – spread the word and get all your friends baking!
You know what I’m going to say now….
1. When you post your Mac Attack macarons on your blog, make sure that you mention the Mactweets Mac Attack challenge in your post and link back to the Mactweets blog. Please make sure that your Mac Attack #27 Macaron Day Macarons are inspired by the theme! This is obligatory if you would like to be included in the round up!
2. Please link back to this challenge on your post. This is obligatory if you would like to be included in the round up!
3. Feel free to promote the Mactweets blog by proudly displaying the Mactweets badge in your Mac Attack post as well as in your sidebar! It isn't mandatory but is a nice way to get the word out!
4. Have your Macaron Day Macarons posted on your own blog by March 15, 2012. And being just a little bit late never hurt anybody...
5. Once your post is up, simply leave the link to the post as a comment to this Mac Attack Challenge post!
The round up will be posted on March 20, 2012!