A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.
– Robert Orben
School is out, summer is here! Let’s shout out a rousing cheer! Suitcases lying open on the bedroom floor waiting for our favourite summer gear: we toss in swimsuits – more than one – flip-flops and sun cream. Hiking shoes and a floppy hat, guide books and maps fill tote bags and we tuck an extra box of cookies alongside the paper bags of fruit and packages of lollipops for those “just in case” moments on the road.
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been.
Seein' things that I may never see again
And I can't wait to get on the road again.
- Willie Nelson
Cameras recharged and so are we: with the idea of getting away from it all, escaping to some idyllic vacation spot, whether the beach, the mountains or some far-away exotic land. Each of us has some special place, a wonderful memory of the best vacation we have ever taken, the perfect spot tucked away somewhere out there in the world that still stirs up nostalgic sentiment, the place we plan to return to once again. And each of us has some beautiful vision of a place we have yet only dreamed about, some romantic spot or some exciting discovery full of adventure!
So as we prepare for this year’s summer vacation, as we pour over those guide books, study maps, make up lists and dream, we wander into the kitchen and bake macarons. Our best macarons reminiscent of that ideal vacation or that perfect holiday spot. Mountains, seaside, tiny hamlet lost in the countryside, large, bustling city teeming with restaurants and museums, these are our inspiration. Maybe a romantic getaway for two or a rousing family adventure; an escapade with your best friends or a soothing trip alone. Let’s channel the best vacation that comes to mind and from that thought, memory or distant dream, let’s create a fabulous Vacation Macaron!
As school lets out with that final bell and summer vacation approaches quickly, let’s bake a Vacation-inspired mac! Let your imaginations flow in any direction that it will and lets get creative, as creative as planning the perfect holiday trip!
So grab your suitcase and you know where this is going….
VACATION GETAWAY MACARONS!
1. When you post your Mac Attack macarons on your blog, make sure that you mention the Mactweets Mac Attack challenge in your post and link back to the Mactweets blog. Please make sure that your Macarons are inspired by the theme! This is obligatory if you would like to be included in the round up!
2. Please link back to this challenge on your post. This is obligatory if you would like to be included in the round up!
3. Feel free to promote the Mactweets blog by proudly displaying the Mactweets badge in your Mac Attack post as well as in your sidebar! It isn't mandatory but is a nice way to get the word out!
4. Have your macarons posted on your own blog by JUNE 30, 2012. And being just a little bit late never hurt anybody...
5. Once your post is up, simply leave the link to the post as a comment to this Mac Attack Challenge post!
The round up will be posted on July 5, 2012!